As most of you are probably aware, how things are positioned on a web page mean a lot, and I pay a great deal of attention to that kind of stuff. I’ve been using an approach that sought to put the most important and currently-relevant things I’m doing with my writing at the top, which in my amateurish way I have just assumed is how it’s supposed to be done. And so, I had website-specific items on the left and my writing projects themselves on the right, with my current writing project at the top and decreasing in priority from there.
Since I’m focusing fairly equally on both writing projects now, I’ve decided to reflect that shift in focus in the site’s layout. Since neither project outweighs the other, I can no longer put them both in the same column, one above the other, as I have previously done. So, I’ve decided to put the site-specific content and links to the Mortality, Interrupted project on the left, with the site-specific items at the top, and the blog-specific content and links to the Royal Redemption project on te right, with the blog-specific content at the top.
I hope this reflects my change in priorities without being too confusing. Due to my familiarity with the content, though, I can’t be certain how such changes are perceived, so any comments and suggestions would be greatly welcomed.
Thanks so much!
UPDATE: I also expanded the top menu, which I hope will make navigating the site a bit easier. Next, I’ll add hyperlinks to the writing pages which will allow people to click through from one scene directly to the next. That may cut down some on the comments people decide to add, but I’d rather make the reading experience easier. I’ll work on that tonight.