The British have a popular phrase: “Exactly what it says on the tin”. And I couldn’t help but think of that when deciding what to write in this post. 🙂
Some of you had mentioned to me that you found it difficult to read the text on the site’s web pages, particularly where the various scenes of “Mortality, Interrupted” are posted. That was a primary reason for the poll about using a different template for the site, as you may know. The template I’m using doesn’t allow me to change the size of the text in the options. I was stuck with what the template offered. So, since I decided to follow the results of the poll and keep the current theme, I had to find another way to make it more readable.
Doing some digging, I noticed that I could use the less ‘user-friendly’ method of adding text with HTML (the original formatting language of the internet). All I had to do, then, was research the HTML codes that would render the text larger and “voila!” I could increase the text size! So, that’s what I did. Then it was just a matter of going back to all of the “Mortality, Interrupted” pages and manually adding the codes to every paragraph block of every page. And I did that. Because that’s how much I love every single one of you. *lol*
Seriously, though, it was a lot of work and I just got finished spending the past 5 hours updating every page. I hope it makes a difference and helps to make the story more readable. I hope to have the final scene of chapter 3 written by the end of the weekend.
Thanks everyone! Let me know if it works better.